HOW TO CHANGE A JIGSAW BLADE
Jigsaws are super versatile and there’s a whole range of blades out there to help you cut a wide variety of materials. If you’re not sure how to change the blade on your jigsaw for the first time, we’ve got some handy tips to help you through the process.
STEPS TO CHANGE A JIGSAW BLADE
- Remove the battery from the jigsaw. Before you go anywhere near the blade to make adjustments, ensure the battery has been taken out.
- Use two fingers to depress the locking collet down and carefully jiggle the blade out.
- Grab your new blade of choice.
- Insert the new blade and then release the collar.
- Check that the blade is seated in the guide bearing correctly, then give the blade a jiggle to ensure that it is firmly locked in.
- Now you can pop in the battery and get started on your next DIY project!